25 Funny Questions
This activity is all about talking. Listening. Making conversation. Just that! We spend so much time DOING things, that we forget to just sit down, chat and listen. So here are a few interesting questions that you can ask your child, and laugh or be amazed by their answers!
3-9 year old
(If you want to expand, try not to ask Yes/No questions. That way you will get a better answer!)
1. What do you like to draw?
2. What makes you happy?
3. What makes you sad?
4. What makes you laugh?
5. How old are you?
6. How old is Mommy?
7. How old is Daddy?
8. What is your favorite thing to do?
9. What do you want to be when you grow up?
10. What are you really good at?
11. What is your favorite food?
12. What is your favorite song?
13. What do you want for your birthday next year?
14. What does daddy do for work?
15. What does mommy do for work?
16. Is Mommy an architect?
17. Where do you live?
18. Where is your favorite place to go?
19. What is the best part about swimming?
20. What is your favorite toy?
21. What is your favorite thing about bathtime?
22. What are your favorite books?
23. What is something Mommy always says to you?
24. What is something Daddy always says to you?
25. What is love?
5month - 2year old
Don't think your tinies are being left out!
Sit them down on your lap, and spend at least 20 minutes simply making eye contact and narrating everything they do. If they pick up something, say: "you are picking up the yellow cup. Do you like that cup? Where are you going to put it?" etc.
If she is simply babbling, make up your own conversation in your head and respond as if she is saying something.
This creates the ability to engage in conversational talking. Each one gets a turn to speak and to react.
Enjoy the chat and please share the interesting responses with us!